What is a Bereavement Facilitator?
A Bereavement Facilitator is trained to serve families experiencing infant loss – during pregnancy, labour, birth and beyond. A Bereavement Facilitator can help guide families compassionately through every step of the process, provide continuous emotional and physical support, and help them make memories to honour their baby.
A Bereavement Facilitator can assist parents experiencing
- Premature birth
- Life-limiting fetal diagnosis
- Palliative care
- Termination of pregnancy
• Physical and emotional support before, during and after birth
• Explore available options
• Provide a safe and private space within the hospital environment
• Liaise with doctors and nursing staff
• Facilitate contact with family, siblings and friends
• Support family when spending time with baby
• Making memories (photography, hand & footprints)
• Referral & resources
• Home visits
This service is provided free of charge.
Please message 083-292-5252 if you need support. After hours support is available if necessary.